Friday 29 March 2013

A super glittery "Smoky V" makeup!

I got a fabulous present in the mail full of lovely cosmetics! In it there was an Urban Decay Stardust in Void. I absolutely had to use it create a dramatic, glittery eye makeup. I was pretty impressed with the product, although I will say it has A LOT of fall out.

This is a highly unflattering picture that shows off the makeup you will be doing: A smoky V is when the outer 1/3 of the eye is smoked out. A lot of people want to call this a Smoky Eye but it's actually not! It's a great look and seriously looks good with any color. I used black and white because it's simple, dramatic, and fun. But I also do this look most days with light neutral colors.



SO.. onto the tutorial

Start with a completely naked face. I am ..obviously.. fresh out of the shower. Cleansed, toned, and moisturized. Ready to go. Get there. But maybe without the shower unless you need it.

Use a nice, full coverage foundation to achieve that flawless skin look. I, personally, used Revlon Photoready in Vanilla today. It's a tad yellow, but it's what I had! I wouldn't bother concealing under your eyes here because the shadow is GOING to fall out.

Take 2 eyeliners - a white one and a black one and mark on your lid where you want the colors to go. I usually recommend the inner 2/3 with white, and the outer 1//3 with black. I used NYX eye pencil in Pearl and an Avon liner in black.

Using a matte, neutral brown, blend a shadow into the crease and slightly above. I take mine pretty high above the crease because I have a lot of space due to my hood. You don't have to take it quite so high. It's a preference thing. I used Urban Decay Tease for this part.

.
Here, I've patted the glitter/shadow onto my eyelid. I used a cheap no name brand white glitter (I would not recommend this.. as you can see it didn't have a lot of coverage) on the inner 2/3 and the UD Stardust in Void on my outer 1/3. It doesn't really show up as glittery next to the stark white glitter on camera but in person trust me, it was. Blend the two shadows together with small, careful motions bringing the white into the black. Don't be afraid if it looks messy at first, it's normal

Next, you will want to highlight the brow bone using the same white shadow or glitter you used before. It will come out more sheer without the white liner as a base which is fine since a stark white brow bone can look a bit trashy. I've also lined both the upper and lower lash and waterlines with the same black Avon pencil.  

Brows are an important part of every look - ESPECIALLY a more dramatic look. So go right ahead and fill yours on in. I did mine pretty heavy, but again it's a personal preference. Do yours how you like them. I find the easiest way to do my brows is with a powder, short quick strokes as though I am drawing tiny hairs. I also added a coat of mascara in this step.

Hi, I'm Jayne and I forget to take pictures of the last steps. In this picture I have contoured (hollows of cheek bones, under chin, around forehead, and sides of nose) and highlighted (center of forehead, top of cheekbones, cupids bow). I also added a soft neutral blush (Lancome Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourose) and a lipgloss. Derp derp.

Pull your hair down, reconceal under your eyes.. and bam! A whole new person. My under eyes are a bit smudgy, so hopefully you can clean that up and out do me when you do this look. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment