Friday 29 March 2013

WOW PRODUCT OF THE MONTH

So I've decided that at the end of every month, I am going to talk about one product that has just completely blown me away. For March, that product is NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. Wow. It's so creamy and smooth when it goes on - but it has amazing staying power. The color is so perfectly white and opaque. It makes the perfect eye shadow base. And it's super inexpensive!! I did a swatch test one night with some purple shadow and the results were very impressive..


This is my hand with 3 swatches on it. The color I am swatching is Lancome's Color Design in Drama. The top swatch is done on top of my every day product Too Faced Shadow Insurance. The middle swatch is done with the NYX Milk pencil. And the bottom swatch is just on clean skin. Wow, am I right? That's some beautiful pigmentation coming from the Milk.


However, there is more things at play than just looking pretty when it goes on. They need to stand the test of time. After doing these swatches I ended up going for a run - wearing a long sleeve sweater that hits just on my hands. This picture is after that run. The swatch done over clean skin is practically 100% gone. You have to look for it. The Too Faced Shadow Insurance swatch is still there - but it's definitely lost most of it's pigment. The NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk swatch? The glitter is mostly gone but dang that shadow stayed in place pretty impressively!

No comments:

Post a Comment