Tuesday 26 February 2013

The "No Makeup" Makeup!

Dear Kristie, this post is for you. I know how much your boyfriend "hates" makeup. And I know that sometimes you just wanna put a bit on and feel pretty. So I made a tutorial that will keep him fooled. Love, Jayne


Alright, back to our normal programming! I love makeup. I like to wear it every day. However, there are some times rocking a bright red lip and black smokey eye just aren't appropriate. Some days, you want to look clean and put together and attractive WITHOUT looking like you are wearing makeup. I don't have many of these days. However, I have a wonderful friend who's boyfriend absolutely does not like the look of anything he views as fake. He's a great dude and all but SERIOUSLY?! Sometimes it's just nice to feel all purrdy and telling your girlfriend you don't think it looks good ain't good for her self esteem. So I wanted to make a post on how to doll yourself up to get that "Damn, I look good feeling," without having to look made up!  On with it..!


This, my friends, is what I look like without makeup. Thankfully, you can't see my psoriasis or broken capillaries in this light!


Add some foundation/bbcream/tintedmoisturizer/powder/whateverfloatsyourboat and some concealer to give you glowing, even skin tone. I buffed Revlon Photoready 001 Ivory into my skin with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I concealed my under eye area with Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair.


For the next part, you will need some neutral eye shadows. I'm using the Naked 2 palette. You can use shimmer if you want but for the true "no makeup" makeup, matte is key! I will be using Foxy (the creamy color on the left), Tease (the matte taupe 5 in from the left) and Black Out. (the black one!)


For the eyes, first I brushed the cream color, Foxy, all over my lid using Crown Brush's C209 Chisel Pointed Fluff to create a uniform skin tone. Any matte nude shadow will work!


Then, I used Tease (matte taupe) on Crown Brush's C222 Round Contour brush in and above my crease to create a natural shadow. I went a bit above my crease because I'm always trying to make my hooded eyes less puffy! You will be able to feel where your natural crease is though - the hollow area between your eyeball and your brow bone.


Okay, now I am using a MAC 263 Angled Brush dipped in my Black Out eyeshadow and lining my eyes as close to the lash line as humanly possible. If you want, you could also use a dark brown for this part. I like black.

That is what it looks like with the shadow as eyeliner. Also, my bangs decided to come out.

Then I used this palette, which I got way back in makeup school, to do some contouring and highlighting. And my brows. I'm super pale so I used the white for highlight. I'm sure you can guess which color I used to contour since it's running out! And, the matte deep brown for my brows!

This is not a flattering picture. Oh well. I have used the matte "acorn" color to contour the sides of my nose, the hollows of my cheeks, and my under jaw area! I used the matte white to highlight the centre of my nose, cupids bow, tops of cheek bones and brow bone! I did all this with a MAC 168 brush. Any powder brush will do, angled works best. I also did my brows. They don't look no makeup-y. Sorry. I used an angle brush from Claire's to do this. It's sparkly and purple and I like it OKAY?

Now we are going to add the final touches. These things are important. I'm using Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Espiegle, Clarins Instant Light Light Lip Perfector in 01 Rose Shimmer, and and Maybelline the Falsies Mascara.

And this is my finished look! I am awake, radiant, and healthy looking. But, I still look like Jayne. And that is how it should be with a "no makeup" makeup.

Let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment