Friday 16 May 2014

My first tutorial with my new camera!

Woohoo! I got a new camera when I was in the Okanagan. I don't really know how to use it yet but uhm.. I made a tutorial with it anyway. Here it is!

 As usual, start with your clean and moisturized face. I got a little facial treatment done at work by the lovely Julia so my skin was looking pretty good!

 Just another no makeup picture, so you can see the before wholly!

 It's skin time! I've used MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance in Radiant Yellow, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW13, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20, and MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder. I decided to break from my usual order and did my brows using the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brunette. I noticed after this picture that my one brow looked MESSED UP. So I fixed it after. Oh yes, I also primed my lids with MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly.


 Start your eyes off by smudging some Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes in Egyptian (a dark green with gold flecks) all over your lower lash and water line.

 And then do the exact same thing on the top. Yep. Looks real pretty right about now.

Blend MAC Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow in Woodwinked all over my lids (upper and lower). For the upper, I blended well above my crease. See how smokey and sexy the liner underneath makes the shadow? I like dat.

 Line your eyes and slap on some mascara. This looks extra sexy with winged liner. I used MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies in Blackest Black.

Don't forget to reline your lower waterline! I used Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx.

Here is what the look should look like so far! Yes, I did indeed fix the part of my nose that had no foundation earlier. My bad. I was busy trying to figure out the freaking camera.

 Time to contour and highlight your face! Contour the hollows of your cheeks, around your jawline, your forehead, the sides of your nose, any anywhere else you feel like you want some shading. Then go and highlight the high points you want featured like your cheekbones, cupids bow, centre of your nose, and brow bone. I used Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow to contour and Benefit High Beam to Highlight. Oh yeah, put some blush on the apples of your cheeks! I like to use a stain for a radiant flushed look such as the Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen.

 Since it is sunny and spring-y out - go for a bright pink lip! I used NYX Matte Lipstick in Shocking Pink with NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait. I realize it might not be sunny where you are. Wear pink anyway. It's fun.


 Here is your finished look! And my friend Conor. Hi Conor.

 Bye! <3


1 comment: