Sunday 26 January 2014

Sultry Valentine's Day Tutorial!

Hello again! This morning I was hanging around the house and I decided it was close enough to Valentine's Day to do a tutorial of a potential look! I'm thinking about wearing this on my date with Matt before he goes out of town!

 Start with a clean, moisturised face! This is my "just woke up" face. I'm even wearing pajamas.

 Foundation time! I've used L'Oreal True Match in N1. I like it but it oxidises a lot which sucks.

 Cover your whole lid  lashes to brow bone with a shimmery white cream shadow. This is Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Too Cool.
 Pat a pale shimmery pink on your inner 1/3 of your lashes up to the crease. I've used my Lorac Pro palette and the color is Nude. You see that vein? IT IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. It shows through everything except the thickest concealer. Then it looks like a harsh unblended shadow line and I try to blend it out. EVERY. TIME.

Pat a darker color in the same family in the middle 1/3 of your lid.  I used a cool bronze - YDK from Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette.
 Take a deep, purpley brown like Naked 2's Busted and place it in the outer 1/3 of your eye and into and above the crease. Sometimes the white balance on my phone gets off. This picture is an excellent example of that.

 Blending time. The most important time! Check out that fall out. It's one of the reasons UD sometimes aggravates me. But I still love it.

 This is what it should look like now.

 I decided to make it a bit more dramatic by adding some black into the very outer corner and slightly into the crease. I had the Naked 2 palette out so I used Blackout.

 Line your water line, upper and lower, with a true black pencil. I used Kat Von D's Waterproof Autograph Pencil in Puro Armor.  *Not pictured- me stabbing myself in the eye. Hard!

 Blend that harsh line out with some of the dark brown eye shadow we used earlier! Mine was Busted - what did you use?

 Blend it out even further using the shade you used on the middle of your lid (YDK).

 Time to clean up the fall out and conceal under your eyes! My eyes are not concealable but I try using Benefit Boi-ing in 01.

 Line your top lash line using the same black pencil! It's all coming together!

 At this point fill in your eyebrows, contour, add some blush. I used all shades from a palette I got in school for this part and it's unbranded!  I did however, highlight my brow bone using Naked 2's Bootycall!

 Add some falsies, mascara (Lancome Hypnose Mascara for me!), and sweet pink gloss like NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait.
 And you are done! Don't be like me and do this look before you shower. You will end up heart broken you need to clean yourself!





So there's my tutorial! I also want to take this moment to invite everyone to follow my instagram (JayneElizabethMEOW) to see my FOTD's and previews for tutorials!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty look :) Maybe I am bad at observing but have you always had a nosering? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is WAY more makeup than I would usually wear but I like to play around at home and make these tutorials.

      I've had it pierced for more than 3 years. I usually use a small nose stud but sometimes I wear a hoop 'cos they are less pokey. Even if you aren't into facial piercings you might laugh why I got it. My nose is crooked to the left so I pierced the right to make it look straight!

      Delete