Saturday 2 November 2013

#4 Halloween Makeup Gigs - An Adventure in Bearded Face Painting

Yesterday, I had a makeup gig (a paid one! woot!) doing 2 Halloween makeups for a party. It was kind of fun because it extended my candy eating and Halloween celebrating just one more day!

I made Kristie into a pilot rocking her cat eye red lip. And then there was Kory who told me at a mere 8 hours before he showed up that he wanted to be a shark. Also, he has a beard. And I got rid of most of my face painting stuff... because oh yeah I CAN NOT FACE PAINT. My lack of drawing skills always get the best of me when I'm trying to face paint. I try so hard but literally always end up unhappy with my work. :(

Anyway, I had just over an hour to do both makeups which is a time crunch when your trying to do something you aren't good at.

Here are some pictures!


The super pretty Kristie looking flawless in a cat eye, red lip!

I wish Kory would have let me paint around his eyes more. It's really the only thing I think prevented me from thinking it was at least passable. But hey, he's the customer and most guys don't want black stuff on their eyes. Are you wondering about this picture? Kory also doesn't stay still for pics.


And now for some pictures Kristie took during the party - definitely taken after their party was well under way. ;) I'm glad my friends had a good evening and that I could contribute!






No comments:

Post a Comment