Sunday 12 January 2014

Clown Makeup Tutorial #1

IF YOU HATE CLOWNS DON'T READ THIS ENTRY. So, my mom has some dance students doing a clown dance this year and I've been charged with designing them a makeup. It has to be simple enough that they can do it themselves but still really cool. This is my first attempt. I'm not really happy with it but I figured I'd make a tutorial for it for them in case they like it. :)

1. Start with a clean face. Or a not clean face if you are a dancer piling this on top of other stage makeup. 

2. Put a white base all over your whole face. I used the white from the Basic Paradise Palette. I'm not crazy about it. It's a really translucent white. 

3. Take a creamy black eyeliner and roughly line all over your lids up to and slightly above the crease and just under your bottom lash line.

4. Pat black eye shadow all over the liner and blend it out. It doesn't need to be pretty. You're going to be a creepy clown. Mine is just a crappy no name brand black shadow.

5. Pencil those eyebrows in all black and archy. Oh yeah, I'm using Kat Von D Waterproof Autograph Pencil in Puro Armor.

6. Roughly mark out where your creepy clown triangles are going to go. This is just for getting them symmetrical. 

7. Fill it in and add some curvys to the bottom. Be smarter than me and set this with eyeshadow as well. I didn't. 

8. Make a black outline with of your nose.

9. Put a dot of red lipstick in the middle. Mix a tiny bit of the black pencil with the red lipstick to make a slightly darker red and put that around the bright dot.

10. Blend it together! Now you have a clown nose!

11. Put your lipstick on! This is Clinique's Red-y To Wear

12. Outline your lips in black. This adds to the creepyness. And makes your lips look cool.

13. Get ready to do little black horns on your eye brows...

14. OR.. be like me and totally mess it up so instead you just make your brows huge. Oooops. I also added little lipstick blushes. Make these bigger. I did them too small.

15. AM I CREEPY YET?

16. Don't try to take it off using only baby wipes.


Anyway. That's my crappy clown tutorial. I'll try to make the next one better!

No comments:

Post a Comment