Wednesday 31 July 2013

Post Birthday Pick Me Up Makeup!

Hello loves! As some of you may know I had my 23rd birthday this past Saturday. I didn't do anything wild - I'm not a big crowds person. I did however spend both Friday and Saturday nights up quite late with friends and my amazing boyfriend. He got me roller skates and all the gear needed to skate! I am so excited.

Anyway. It was Sunday night around 10:30, I looked *rough* and really was just ready for an early night. This was not the plan. My lovely little sister (illknowwhereimgoing.wordpress.com) was coming back from her trip to Australia at 11:30 pm and I was to be meeting her at the airport. Needless to say I did not want to look as though I hadn't slept in 3 days when I saw her for the first time in 7 months! I wanted to look fresh and excited!

Here is a tutorial of the makeup I did that evening! I don't know why in my rush I decided "hey maybe I should make a tutorial" but I did! We ended up being late to pick her up but it was ok because she took FOREVER in customs!

This is my before face. It i neither clean nor moisturized. Just being honest.

I applied my foundation (Revlon Photoready in Ivory) using a sponge and applied concealer under my eyes. (Clinique Airbrush Concealer in 01 Fair)

Using my Lorac Pro palette I applied Lt Bronze and Champagne on my lid up to the crease. For this I used a MAC 231.

I then used a MAC 224 to blend Lorac Pro's Sable into the crease.

I then highlighted my brow bone with the White in my pro palette on a generic fluffy brush from makeup school. PS: My brows are rough. They had like.. 3 days of smudgey product in them since I, grossly, hadn't washed my face they hadn't come off.

The next thing I did was line my upper lash line with Etude House Line Nuance in Number 04 and my bottom water line with NYX pencil in Pearl.

I threw one some Mascara (Benefit They're Real) and some peachy blush (Milani Dolce Pink)

I throw on some lipstick and gloss and voila! I was done! Except. Then I decided the lipstick looked like I was trying too hard for how late at night it was.

So I took it off and put on my trust Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector! This is a silly face to show off the makeup.

Can you tell I was over tired?

Voila! This is what I really look like when I went to see my sister! I find it a drastic but natural looking change compared to my hagard before pic.

It was awesome seeing her again. Matt bbq'd us some burgers even though it was closer to 1 am by the time we got back to  my place. She was only there the one night and had her lovely friend Meg with her. Unfortunately, I had to work at 9 am the next day. :(

I will post my "birthday haul" when everything comes in the mail! Although, let's be honest. I bought most of it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment