Saturday 1 June 2013

Wearable Summer Color Look

Hello my loves! I have finally made another tutorial. The funny thing about this is that all the reasons  for not making one before are still true PLUS now I have tendinitis in my rotator cuff and can't lift my RIGHT ARM to do my makeup. Sounds like the perfect time to make a tutorial.. right? I decided to do a look using a bright summer color (in this case purple) that is still every day wearable!


Start with a clean moisturized face as always! Mine is looking PRETTY rough because I haven't been able to sleep. Everytime I drift off I roll onto my hurt shoulder!


Add some foundation and concealer and hope to God it makes you look even half decent. I used Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige Rose Pastel. It's a tad orange but hey, I NEEDED to finish off the damn bottle eventually. I also showered after this.

Add a light taupe-y silver to your lid up to the crease. I used Verve from Urban Decay's Naked 2. I also highlighted my brow bone using a white shadow from my Sonia Kashuk palette.

Take a bright colored shadow and apply it right into your crease. Don't add too much or you will have trouble with the next step. I chose to use a bright purple but really any bright color will work. I swear it looked bright purple in person.

Blend the shadow into and slightly above your crease. It's a subtle way to wear brights. Especially if you don't blend it quite as high as I have it. You can only really notice the pop of color when you close your eyes!

In this step I REconcealed under my eyes using the Yaby concealer in Buff that came in my May ipsy. I extended the concealer past my eyes in a diagonal line to sharpen up the edges of the shadow.

Here I've filled in my brows using Elf's brow kit in Medium. I also STARTED my liner process. The first thing I do when I am lining with a gel liner is to go along as close to the lash line as possible pushing the liner into my lashes.

Then I use my angled brush and thicken up the line. Make sure it is thinner on the inside and thicker on the outside. I used Maybeline gel liner in black.

To start my cat eye I angle the brush upward following the line of my eye and press down to create a thin line. Actually, this is NOT how I do my own cat eyes because as you will see later, my hooded eye eats them right up and makes it look weird. However, if you don't have hooded lids this method will work wonders for you.

Then draw another line connecting the tip of the first line to the liner in a triangle shape and fill it in!

Add some blush! I used Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush.

And some mascara - Maybelline The Falsies. It seems to be a Maybelline day today!

And add a lippy such as Juice Beauty lip gloss and you are done!





AND ALSO IF YOU ARE FEELING CRAZY PUT ON A PURPLE CREAM SHADOW AS LIPSTICK..! Yep.


No comments:

Post a Comment