Wednesday 26 June 2013

An Everyday Work Makeup ft. Lorac Unzipped

Hello my pretties! Sorry for the lack of updates blah blah blah. Let's face it. I'm pretty much a terrible blogger.  Oh well. Such is the life of a full time busy girl! Today, I got up at 8:00 am though and don't work  until 1:30 which left me plenty of time to do a tutorial. Plus, my amazing boyfriend got me a little lamp for the bathroom that gives me not-quite-as-shitty lighting!

I decided to do a tutorial of a makeup I do pretty often to wear to work. It's simple, it's shimmery, and it stays in place during a busy day managing the Jugo Juice!

**...doo doo doo doo doo doo doo..* I forgot to upload the pictures! It's taking FOREVER. Maybe I will write everything out THEN add pictures and see how that works out for me.


1. Start with a clean, moisturized face! I've never really touched on skincare (yet!) but I will let you all know that I use Dermalogica's Skin Smoothing Cream. It's the only thing that works for me.


2. Using your hands, work a BB cream or foundation into your skin. I used Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in #21. It's a bit dark and if I purchase again, I will definitely go for the #13. I ALSO mixed in a tiny bit of the BB cream with my shadow primer. I have really dark eyes.. look at the difference it makes.


3. Using a dense, flat shadow brush I pat Undiscovered (a warm gold) from Lorac Unzipped onto the inner 1/3 of my eyelid. 

4. Using the same eyeshadow brush I pack Unreal from the same palette onto the middle 1/3 of my eyes. This is a slightly rosier gold which I find brightens up my eye.

5. Next using again the same brush and palette I put Uncensored on the outer 1/3 and just above the crease! This color is so, so gorgeous.

6. Using a large fluffy blending brush, blend Uncensored into the crease, slightly above, and into the Unreal on the middle 1/3..

7. I had some trouble getting a finished pic of the eyeshadow IN the look so TADA here it is! I also added Undercover along my brow bone. Speaking of brows, mine are looking rough again! Here's a hint people - do NOT let your cat in the bathroom while your trimming your brows.

 8. The next thing I did was to line my top lash line with an Avon black eyeliner and my bottom waterline with NYX Eye and Brow pencil in White Pearl. I LOVE this white liner. I also filled in my brows using a warm brown eyeshadow. I kinda messed them up today. It happens.. but I'm too lazy to redo them! Usually I would go for a gel liner but Phileas decided to pay stealsies with some of my brushes (like my favorite angled brush) and cat mouth is dirty.
9. Add some mascara! I used Covergirl Waterproof Clump Crusher. I get wet at work and covered in juice so this is important for me.

10. I added some powder all over my face (Clinique Stay Matte in Stay Buff) and a Lumene Lipgloss to shine it up. I don't wear blush at work because when I'm hot I get SO pink! And I'm always hot at work. Also, check out my dorky hair!





Also. No I do not have a bowl cut. I have bangs that look really cute when my hair is done. And really ridiculous when it's up. "Dumb move Jayne. You wear your hair up 5 days a week at least."


No comments:

Post a Comment